Monday, April 1, 2013

Chapter 78 : Historical

Guess what I'm doing at Fort Canning Link...



The Peranakan Museum is situated along that area and I decided to make a little historical trip there yesterday.




The chandelier is just so pretty, don't you agree?






What a traditional peranakan bride would wear.


I love the design on this carpet.


Along with the outfit, they have to put on these accessories as well.


The thing I love about the peranakan culture is their attention to detail.


Really doubt such a bed would be comfortable though..






Hard to find ancient phones like these.


My family still keeps a few of these at home and we put them on display in a glass box too!




How a typical peranakan kitchen would look like in the older days, most traditional peranakan families now would have such a kitchen in their homes.


I <3 the chandelier.


The building itself is very unique from the outside as you can see, they are very particular to every detail which adds up to the overall look of the place.


This was taken at the shop houses beside the museum, isn't the logo from the infamous Sticker Lady?


This trip was more of a self-discovery for me and to reflect on the things that I've done in the past where I may not be that proud of, it gave me a chance to look back at my roots and be a better person, not sure if you get my point cause after all, it is still my self-discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment