Monday, July 4, 2011

Chapter 6 : National Youth Business Challenge & Going Green

In support of going green and being environmental friendly, I will be typing this post entirely in GREEN!

So, most of you should know by now if you follow me on Twitter that I popped by the National Youth Business Challenge that was organised all the way at Compass Point in SengKang.

The embarrassing thing is, I thought it was Causeway Point, so I happily took the 187 Bus to Causeway Point Bus Interchange, then proudly stepped into Causeway Point thinking the event was in the foyer, when I walked into the foyer, the place was under renovation, so I was thinking where would they most likely hold the event since the foyer -which was the largest part of the shopping mall - was undergoing renovation, I literally went and searched throughout the whole of CWP looking for the event and even asked the Customer Service Counter, the lady was like "National Youth what?" By then I decided to call one of my friends till someone told me it was Compass Point, ended up taking a cab to Compass Point, haha, I feel like such an EPIC FAIL.


Didn't get to see the G.O.H though. Feels good to be one of the customers than being the participants, a change is good once in awhile.


West Spring's Booth! They're selling Badges if you didn't know.


Interesting right? You know what's even better? You can customize the badge yourself, you can put your name, draw things, put some random message about saving the earth!


By the time I arrived, they only left the big badges. Basically, there's three different sizes of badges, Small, Medium and Big.


Samples of the different badges they created, one of the popular design was "Angry Bird", I felt that they should have made Angry Bird Badges limited edition and for a higher price, it's not easy to draw them y'know!

One of the designs which I felt was very nice, Thomas and Friends!


So, more about the National Youth Business Challenge, it's a competition hosted by Ngee Ann Polytechnic, School of Business and Accountancy, they invite secondary schools all over Singapore to attend their seminar/talk about going eco-friendly and coming up with their own eco-friendly product to sell. After the seminar/talk, the students from various secondary schools will have to come up with a proposal and send it to NAPSOBA (lazy to type the whole thing), they will determine if you make it to the Grand Finals, once you are selected to enter the Grand Finals, you will compete with several other secondary schools to win the Championship and hold the title of the Most Eco-Friendly and Innovative Overall Winner for NYBC 2011, (something like that, I can't really remember the title). Sounds fun right?

Find out more,



West Spring's iBadges Team !

Reached homed, activated my Facebook Account, uploaded the pictures taken for NYBC 2011 on Facebook.

After the award presentation, all the stalls were required to resume selling till 9pm unless they have sold everything. So I stood by the team, trying to get them to go around selling, making use of their time till some guy from another Secondary School came towards me and handed me.....


This newspaper bag, there's something inside it, care to guess?

The oreo wasn't inside, I just put it in.

There was also some string and red food colouring, basically, it's an experiment to test for Fog. Cool right?




Well, before I end this post, I want to share with you guys the new watch I bought! Haha, don't be jealous. BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment