Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chapter 9 : Be an NE!mation Ambassador! Competition Blog Post

*Special Chapter



This chapter is going to be a special one as I'm taking part in the N.E.mation Ambassador Competition organised by of course you guessed it, N.E.mation and Dice Studio. So the first step into taking part in this competition, I have to write up a blogpost in my blog saying why I want to be an N.E.mation Ambassador and the organisers at N.E.mation and Dice Studio will shortlist 10 people who they think have the potential! The poster says it all, so, here it goes...


1) I ♥ Singapore

I think this should be quite valid enough. I'm sure you have to love your country in order to be an N.E.mation Ambassador, what's the use of representing Singapore as an N.E.mation Ambassador when you don't even love Singapore? And no, I'm not going to brag that I know everything about Singapore, I'm not going to say I've been to every single place in Singapore. I'm just like an ordinary 16 year old, I could say the furthest I've been from my home, Bukit Panjang, would be Changi Airport? I've still yet to visit Punggol though. I mean the most basic form to show ♥ and respect is basically (for me currently), singing the national anthem everyday in school proudly, reciting the pledge seriously, taking part in the nation's events like National Day, you can either be a volunteer or be a spectator.

(I drew this, I know my drawing isn't that great.)


2) I ♥ Challenges/Competitions

After reading each steps, I found out that each step towards the final one gets harder and harder, which makes it even more thrilling. I've never really faced challenges but I'm more familiar with competitions, let's see, I've taken part in National Youth Business Challenge (Sales Competition for Secondary Schools organised by Ngee Ann Polytechnic), I've also taken part in Robofest (Robotics Competition for Secondary Schools), Photography Competitions in Primary School. Although I had never won the top prize out of these competitions, the highest I got was Silver for NYBC. So yeah, I find the whole process and the completion of each step gets higher and higher which is some sort of a challenge for me cause I'm not the type who is able to complete things on time, so if I'm selected to be one of the 10 N.E.mation Ambassadors I'm sure at least that's a start for me to get things completed on each dateline and stuff like that.

3) I ♥ N.E.mation

I've heard about N.E.mation ever since I was in Primary School, and there will always be videos done by people who particiapted in the competition. It always inspires me in a way, gives you that feeling or different perspective of how people potray Singapore in a good way. So this year, since they're having a competition for people to blog about it, and I have a blog, I decided why not. It's a good experience for me to try it out as well.

So basically, that's about it. Well, all the best for me! Hopefulyl I get in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment