Monday, December 26, 2011

Chapter 28 : Wicked! Experience

As I said I would be blogging the day after Christmas and it is the day after Christmas, commonly known as Boxing Day, I still have no idea what it is for, so I went to google and google directed me to Wikipedia and I found out that.........

"Boxing Day is a secular holiday that is traditionally celebrated on 26 December, the day after Christmas Day, which is also St. Stephen's Day, a religious holiday. However, when 26 December falls on a Sunday, Boxing Day in many places is moved to 27 December. In the U.K., where Boxing Day is a bank holiday, if Boxing Day falls on a Saturday, a substitute bank holiday is given on the following Monday, but if Boxing Day falls on a Sunday – which means that Christmas Day, another bank holiday, fell on a Saturday – then the Statutory Holiday for Christmas is moved to Monday 27 December and the Statutory Holiday for Boxing Day is moved to Tuesday 28 December."
See, you learnt something out of reading this blog post, now you won't wonder what Boxing Day is about and you can go around telling people what boxing day is and feel smart!

Here's just some pictures of what happened yesterday on Christmas Day!






I bought Wicked Merchandises too!





The musical was awesome, for a few reasons. I just feel that everyone should go and watch it, you'll be amazed, I never really watched a show like this, especially live, so the feeling would be different compared to watching it on television or in the cinema cause it's live so it's like an uncut version, where everything just goes smoothly. It's not an easy job having to sing and act and remember your lines all at the same time, but I guess after some time of experience, you'd get the hang of it, therefore they really did put up a great musical performance, really shows how professional they are when it comes to performing and if I had a chance to go back and watch it, I definitely would, no doubt about it.

 Took a cab home despite the long queue at Marina Bay Sands, and the taxi driver wished me a Merry Christmas when I was alighting, seldom taxi drivers do that and it was special cause I lived in Singapore for 16 years and it's my first time hearing it from a taxi driver!

No comments:

Post a Comment