Friday, January 6, 2012

Chapter 33 : Poly Visits Part 1





















On 4th Jan 2012, Wednesday, the school brought the Secondary 5 classes and a few of the Secondary 4 Express Students over to Singapore Poly for SP's Open House, whereby students get to know more about what polytechnic courses are about and the courses they offer.

Firstly, even before alighting the bus, we were given a goodie bag filled with stuff that may or may not be useful to some of us, I personally didn't really touch some of the stuff cause they were mostly just random stuff, or brochures. When we alighted, we were given a short tour of the campus (not the whole campus) and started off our journey starting with the School of Engineering, where they had this Engineering Fair with all the first/second/third year students showcasing their projects they did in school and explaining to us about their project and how it is helpful to the user or how environmentally friendly it is to our society!

After briefly browsing through a few of the booths at the Engineering Fair, we were then allowed to have a free & easy moment around the campus where we get to see other courses other than just Engineering, went to the main area that had all the booths from the different schools, checked on accountancy first, followed by the rest of the other interesting courses. Went home rather early around 5pm or earlier, but before reaching home, Paul made a detour to Lot 1 to have his subway while I went to Popular to get all the files and books I needed for school and went home to rest, do homework, prepare for the next day.

So far, I guess Singapore Poly is rather okay, it's like the largest polytechnic in Singapore, so they can hold up to many students per course I guess except for those limited and high in demand courses, they even have like dorms, so maybe one day if I find travelling thru and fro from school to home tiring, I can stay at the dorm! (which also means I must cook, clean, wash everything by myself, so I rather feel tired and still have a bowl of rice served every night at home!) They do have interesting courses as well, however I didn't had the time to spare to go through all the courses, cause my bag was freaking heavy on that day and I couldn't bear it any longer having to stand and listen to people when I feel like sitting down. Hmm... however, I would say Singapore Polytechnic wouldn't be my first choice though, I have something in mind already, I guess.

*P/S: There will be a Part 2, this part is only on Singapore Poly, next part will be on Ngee Ann Poly!

No comments:

Post a Comment